Dr. Jean-Pie Gauci-Maistre is Gauci-Maistre Xynou’s Managing Partner, having co-founded the firm in 2015. Jean-Pie’s focus throughout his career has been in different areas in the maritime industry. Following stints with EU Commission cabinet for Fisheries and Maritime Affairs and the internationally renowned ship management company, Eastern Mediterranean Maritime Limited, he moved to Malta to head the legal department of GM International Services Limited.
With GMX he specialises in Ship and Yacht Registrations under the Malta Flag as well as Ship and Yacht Finance. With the amendments of Maltese Aviation Law in recent years, he has also focused on the firm’s aviation practice.
Jean-Pie is also a lecturer at different institutions and universities, including the World Maritime University.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Following seven years heading the Legal Department at GM International Services Limited and GM Corporate & Fiduciary Services Limited, Jean-Pie co-founded Gauci-Maistre Xynou in 2015 and acts as Managing Partner thereof.
English, Maltese, Italian
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta
- Member of the Chamber of Advocates, Malta
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association
- Member of the Malta Maritime Law Association
- Member of the Maritime Legislative Advisory Council
- Member of the Malta Institute of Taxation
- Member of the Association of Ship Agents
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers
- Member of the Connecticut Maritime Association
- Member of the Young Maritime Professionals
- Member of the Institute of Financial Services Practitioners
- Master of Science (Ship Management), World Maritime University (2009)
- Qualifying Examinations, Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (2009)
- Diploma in Taxation, Malta Institute of Taxation (2013)
- Doctor of Laws, University of Malta (2008)
- Bachelor of in Legal and Humanistic Studies, University of Malta (2005)