Deborah Mifsud joined the firm as a Junior Associate in 2020.
Deborah completed the Doctor of Laws degree at the University of Malta in 2017 after successfully defending her thesis entitled ‘Alternative means of raising Finance with a special emphasis on the Shipping and Aviation Industries’. She was admitted to the bar in 2019.
Deborah continued her studies by completing a course delivered by the Malta Institute of Taxation: Advanced Course on the Interpretation and Application of Tax Treaties. She furthered her studies in taxation by completing the Malta Institute of Taxation Professional Certificate in Taxation (Cert. Tax).
Deborah Mifsud started her legal career as a legal trainee at Deloitte Malta in 2015 whilst she was still reading for her legal degree as a student at the University of Malta. Following her successful completion of her Doctor of Laws Degree she continued working at Deloitte Malta in their tax and corporate team. In January 2019 she joined Camilleri Preziosi as an Associate in the Corporate and Finance practice group. In 2020 she joined Gauci-Maistre Xynou with her main practice areas being shipping and taxation.
English, Maltese, Italian
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta
- Member of the Chamber of Advocates, Malta
- Member of the Malta Institute of Taxation
- Professional Certificate in Taxation, Malta Institute of Taxation (2018)
- Advanced Course on the Interpretation and Application of Tax Treaties, Malta Institute of Taxation (2017)
- LL.D., University of Malta, Malta (2017)
- Diploma Notary Public, University of Malta, Malta (2015)
- LL.B., University of Malta, Malta (2014)