Dr Bugeja is a Senior Associate with GMX, joined in 2019.
His areas of professional activity include civil law (in particular property law, contract law, succession law, law of guarantees), commercial law, public finance law, public procurement law, EU law and international economic law.
- Public Finance & Public Procurement Law
- EU & International Economic Law
- Property & Succession Law
- Corporate and Commercial Law
Dr Joseph Bugeja occupied the position of Director International Economic Relations within the Economic Policy Division, Ministry of Finance, from 2004 to 2012, followed by the position of Director (Land)/Commissioner of Lands within the then Government Property Division. Later, he provided legal and advisory services to an established legal firm and practised civil and commercial law, including pleading in court audiences.
He has also served as Secretary to the Financial Services Tribunal for the years 2007 to February 2015, and as director/company secretary of private and government companies.
Since 2010, he lectures and examines on international economic law, public procurement law and public finance law at the University of Malta.
English, Maltese, Italian
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta
- Member of the Chamber of Advocates, Malta
- LL.D. – University of Malta (2003)
- Notary Public Diploma – University of Malta (2001)
- B.A. (Legal and Humanistic Studies) – University of Malta (2000)
- M.A. in Diplomatic Studies – Mediterranean Academy of Diplomatic Studies (1995)
- Bachelor of Education (Hons.) – University of Malta (1993)