Despoina Xynou is a founding Partner at Gauci-Maistre Xynou, having co-founded the firm in 2015.
Prior to moving to Malta, Despoina practised with the Greek Law Office of Sinelis, Xiradaki & Associates. She was responsible for handling litigation proceedings and contract drafting and negotiations, mainly concerning commercial loan agreements, on behalf of financial institutions.
Upon relocating to Malta, Despoina joined the legal department of GM International Services Limited, the largest shipping services company in Malta, focusing primarily on ship and yacht registration under the Malta flag.
With GMX she specialises in maritime and corporate law, ship registration, ship finance, mortgages and taxation.
Despoina’s client portfolio comprises local and international law firms, financial institutions, ship owners and managers.
Following a seven-year stint as a lawyer at the Law Office of Sinelis, Xiradaki & Associates in Volos, Greece, Despoina joined GM International Services Limited as a lawyer in 2012. In 2015, she co-founded Gauci-Maistre Xynou and acts as Partner thereof.
- Admitted to the Volos Bar Association, Greece
- Member of Malta Maritime Law Association
- Member of the Chamber of Advocates, Malta
- Professional Certificate in Taxation, Malta Institute of Taxation (2017)
- M.Sc. in Maritime Studies, University of Piraeus (2012)
- Bachelor of Law, Democritus University of Thrace (2005)