Ms. Avila Rovelo is a maritime Lawyer at Gauci-Maistre Xynou.
Before joining GMX, she worked in a Maltese Financial Institution as Associate in Legal and Compliance, working with local anti-money laundering and counter-funding terrorism (AML/CFT) regulatory framework.
- Maritime and Admiralty Law
- Regulatory and Compliance
Prior moving to Malta, in 2015 Ms. Avila Rovelo worked with the Maritime Administration of Honduras as Assistant at the Marine Environmental Protection Department. Shortly afterwards Ms Avila Rovelo was awarded with a scholarship by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) to pursue an LL.M. at the IMO International Maritime Law Institute (IMLI). Soon after obtaining her LL.M. in 2016 Nielsen was awarded another scholarship by Seerechtsstiftung, a Hamburg foundation, to specialise in maritime law and law of the sea at the International Foundation for the Law of the Sea (IFLOS) Summer Academy based in the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS), Hamburg.
Ms. Avila Rovelo also worked as a Lawyer, in “Rodriguez y Asociados” a Honduran law firm providing legal assistance, handling labour law cases, administrative claims against public institutions and assisting in notarial duties. In 2010, Nielsen worked in the Central American Bank for Economic Integration (CABEI) where she drafted the visibility manual of the Spain’s Debt Conversion Program to Honduras.
Spanish, French, English, Italian and Portuguese
- Admitted to the Honduran Bar
- LL.M. Masters of Laws in International Maritime Law (IMLI-IMO) (2016)
- Advocate, Catholic University of Honduras (2015)
- Bachelor in International Relations, Catholic University of Honduras (2011)
- Diploma on Uses and Protection of the Sea-Legal Economic and Natural Science Perspectives, IFLOS (2016)
- Diploma in Diplomacy, Catholic University of Honduras (2011)
- Diploma in Economy, Catholic University of Honduras (2011)
- Diploma in Total Quality Management, Catholic University of Honduras (2011)