Dr. Yvanka Vella is a Senior Associate, having joined Gauci – Maistre Xynou in 2019. She focuses mainly on corporate restructuring, commercial issues, financial services and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining GMX, Yvanka was the Head of Legal and Compliance for a locally based group of companies, and was responsible for the management of all legal, regulatory and compliance matters across the group. She also assisted in all Group strategic projects and was appointed as the Group’s Company Secretary in 2014.
- Corporate and Commercial
- Regulatory Compliance
Following twelve years as the Head of Legal and Compliance for a local group of companies, Yvanka joined Gauci-Maistre Xynou as a Senior Associate in 2019.
English, Maltese, Italian
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta
- Member of the Chamber of Advocates, Malta
- Master of Arts in Financial Services, University of Malta (2011)
- Doctor of Laws, University of Malta (2008)
- Diploma of Notary Public, University of Malta (2006)
- Bachelor of Arts in Legal and Humanistic Studies, University of Malta (2005)